Saturday, April 4, 2009

April Fools


I thought I should share this story. Ben was so proud. My family was here in Missouri visiting this week and we were out of town in Nauvoo on April Fools. So while we were gone and Ben was supposed to be studying he was concocting how to pull a fast one on us. We got home around 7 pm and after a two hour car ride we all had to pee like we were pregnant (well i guess Jess is preggers :) When my brother Jared went to flush the toilet it wouldn't flush which subesequently started my frenzy. Ben immediately tried the faucet and then told me to check the water in the kitchen. Yep, you guessed it, no water at all. I should have noticed the subtle smirk and calm demeanor of Ben and suspected foul play, but no, I was too freaked out about having eight people in my home and absolutely no water; not to mention the line forming for those who needed to use the out-of-commission toilet. I had my problem solving action game face on and everything. We speculated a broken water line and even the ever embarrassing "Did we pay the bill this month?" I found the emergency number for the water company, because let's be honest, it was an emergency, physically for my family, and mentally for my emotional embarrassment. Just when I was about to call the number, Ben came up to me laughing so hard he could barely tell me "April Fools." I was so relieved at first and then proceeded to assault Ben. That same triumphant laugh re-appeared when my sister went to get a drink and was tagged with water from the taped handle of the sprayer in the kitchen sink.
Turns out I was the gullible fool and scapegoat for this holiday. About half way back from Nauvoo my dad said he forgot his backpack at the restaurant we ate at before leaving. I had my phone out ready to call and was prepared to ask for shipping possibilities. Yes, I am the lamo sucker who was duped ALL day long. Happy April Fools to me. Thank heaven that holiday is over.

4 comments:

Kristina said...

HAHA! I read this out loud to Ryan and he said, yep! sounds like ben!" :)

Ryan wanted me to tell Ben he is thinking about him, hoping school is going good!

Will you guys be in Boise at all this summer? When do you move to SLC?

Jason Johnson said...

Props to Ben that was a good one. Hope you guys had fun this week with the fam. We miss you and can't wait to see you this summer.

Sam and Terri said...

That sounds like Ben to me. Tell him I am still angry at him for tricking me into sticking my hand in the toilet to unclog it.

Wooden said...

It was a pretty good one, but I would have panicked if everyone was at my house. You're a problem-solver and go-getter. Love ya.