Monday, May 4, 2009

And...SOLD!!!

Well, we have some good news here: We sold our house! As much as I am really going to miss this adorable little house when we move and are living in a basement again in Utah, it is a relief to have it sold. We have been trying to sell it since January and have been praying and praying for buyers. There is a possibility that we will be back in Kirksville since the Dermatology residency Ben wants is here, but that is far from definitive yet! Without knowing if we will be back or not, we were beginning to worry about the house not selling. We finally decided that if after the showings we had last week we had no potential buyers, we were going to try and find renters instead; that idea didn't appeal to Ben and I very much since dealing with renters is unpredictable and a pain! But what can you do when there is a mortgage that needs to be paid! We finally took the necessary actions--making a blog for online reference, notifying our realtor of the upcoming change, and deciding on posting possibilities at the school and facebook-- when we had an offer, our only offer! I decided that sometimes Heavenly Father just wants us to move forward in action and faith, trusting it will all work out somehow, and He will make the rest happen! Well, we acted and He answered. I think we are getting more used to waiting for things now :P With the economy the way it is, it is a huge relief to know that we don't have to worry about the house anymore; it is a blessing that we didn't lose any money too. The circumstances and arrangements in the sell really are a miracle for us. We still have the inspections and appraisal to go through, but we think everything will out just fine. We close on June 24th, the day after Ben packs the truck and leaves for Utah. We have definitely learned a lot here! We will miss our house, especially after all the word we did, but moving on means we are that much closer to being done with med school!
Another short update. Ben only has two weeks of this last quarter left; his last two weeks of formal in-class education EVER! He is plum tuckered out of sitting in a classroom and taking hundreds of tests; and he is so excited to be done with this part of med school. It's one step closer right?!! Love you all.

5 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

CONGRATS!!

It will be great to have you out west again!

DeGooyer Family said...

Awesome!!! I know the feeling, and it's such a relief!!!

Ryan and Rachel said...

That is so great!!! We just bought one!

Unknown said...

That's great!! What a wonderful blessing. The housing market in Kirksville is alive and well!

Megan, you're a babe. You're so much fun, and I wish you were staying longer. I'm glad I found your blog though, so I can find out what's next.

Good luck getting the derm residency here. Have fun in Utah!

HeatherandTanner said...

Yay!!