Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Halloween! A Simple and Thrifty Way to Decorate this October!

Hello Everyone! I have been getting into the spirit of fall and the upcoming holidays and thought I would post some of the fun things that I have been piddling with. I don't really have much to spend on extra things, so I had fun being crafty mostly with things that I already had around the house. I saw these cute jars at an arts and crafts fair in Kirksville a few weeks ago and my friend and I thought, "We could make those!" So I found a bunch of old jam jars I had saved, some black spray paint I had around the house, paint I had stowed away, and some extra raffia from something or another I can't remember, and made these little jars.



Then I found this glass container and these inexpensive Halloween bags at Wal Mart and created this little number. I mixed candy in with it to make it more festive :) There is candy stowed away in the jars, so if you are at our house in the next few weeks, dig in!



Then I found a chrysanthemum plant on sale at the local grocery store (most grocery stores have them on sale now, I know Wal Mart and HyVee do), and arranged it with a stool I already had, baskets I already had, leaves from our yard, a .99 cent scarecrow pick from Wal Mart, and pumpkins. Inexpensive and easy! That's how I like it! I like the seasonal feel of decorations, they add a little extra something. So just thought I would share a fun way I tried to do that without spending an arm and a leg.

6 comments:

Ryan and Rachel said...

You're amazin' girl!!!!!!

Tiffany said...

Now I just need some of those jars!

Brittney said...

Hey Megan! Cute Decorations! I love your wedding picture. You are so beautiful...always have been!

HeatherandTanner said...

Wow. Just wow.

Anonymous said...

I miss your creativity! And you of course. Thanks for the inspiration.

Wooden said...

You are so dang creative! We have to live close by, so your creative energy will maybe rub off on me.