Friday, September 12, 2008

Sharing the Goodness of Food!

I thought that every now and again when I make something that both Ben and I love, I would share that recipe with any of you who like to expand your cookbooks. I am always looking for new recipes and thought I might share some of the things that are yummy to my tummy. Anyway, this is one that both Ben and I love, but that I frequently forget to make! It is really simple and it goes great with rice and broccoli. Easy side dishes right?

Sweet and Sour Chicken


4-8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 beaten egg
cornstarch
oil
sauce (recipe to follow)

1. Dip the chicken breasts into the egg then roll them in the cornstarch.
2. In a small amount of oil, fry the chicken until just browned.
3. Place the chicken in a shallow baking pan, pour the sauce over it, and bake uncovered at 325 for one hour, turning every 15 minutes.

Sauce

3/4 c sugar (I like between 1/4c-1/2c)
4 tbsp catsup
1/2 c vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Mix all ingredients together

My mom got this recipe from The Friend magazine years ago and I love it! It is great with homemade fried rice and chow mein too. One more note. On time I cut up pineapple and green pepper and put it in with the chicken to cook to make it more like Chinese food and it was delicious. Just another variation to a good recipe! Hope you all enjoy!

2 comments:

Ryan and Rachel said...

Meg!! I love your blog, it is way cute and totally you! I love it!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Whhhhaaaatts Up?!?!?!? We didn't know you had a blog! YAY! How are you guys doing? Making any trips to B-town soon?