Monday, September 15, 2008

The World Needs More of This

I know, I know, two posts in one day! Goodness, do I have a life?! Yes, yes I really do, but I couldn't wait to share this once the idea occurred to me. I received a link for this video a while ago from my aunt. This might be repetitive to those of you who received that same email. Anyway, I absolutely loved this video and was very touched by it. The images and music are beautiful.
Just a few more thoughts. Ben and I were watching t.v. tonight and listening about the economic and energy crisis in the U.S. right now. I have been trying to keep up with everything about the upcoming election and I often get so tired of all of the slander and backbiting from the candidates that I have to take a break from reading and watching things about it for a while. There are so many issues in the world and in the country that need to be fixed and a lot of fingers being pointed for those problems.
I also look around me and see friends and family struggling with so many trials. It seems I learn of someone dear to me every day that is facing great difficulty. I am so grateful to be able to find peace elsewhere, away from all of the turmoil. This video is a wonderful reminder of where to turn for that peace. I can't tell all of you enough how grateful I am for the source of which the peace comes, the subject of this video, Jesus Christ. I really hope you can enjoy it as much as I did and I hope all of you know that I sincerely hope and pray for your well-being and happiness. May you all find strength in the trials that you face, and whether you are near to us or far away, we are there for you in your trials and your joys.

Reflections of Christ

6 comments:

Ryan and Rachel said...

Megs thanks so much for putting that on there. I watched Oprah today and it was so disturbing and sad, sick...you name it. It is just amazing to see what the world is coming to and especially how people out there treat children...anyways thank you mag. I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father that loves me and that I know if I live the commandments and do what is asked of me, I will be protected, but more importantly my family and my children will.

Tiffany said...

Nate was sitting on my lap while we watched this and we swear he said "that's Jesus" over and over. There's nothing more precious than that.

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Thanks for posting that... I really needed to see that today! You are awesome Meg!!

Wooden said...

Meg, I'm sick of crying, but these were cleansing tears while watching that. Thanks and you are amazing!

Unknown said...

Hey! I found you guys through Shawn and Chelsys blog...I hope you dont mind! Megan I know we havent met, but you are just so adorable and i loved reading through your posts! Ben im glad you are already on your second year of med school - way to go! Thank goodness for blogs keeping people in the know. We should do a little boise reunion this christmas when everyone is in town. Id love to meet you as a married couple!

Christy Beal (crandall)

Anonymous said...

You are amazing Meg, I mis seeing and talking with you.