Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Missing Pieces

I watched this latest Mormon Message on lds.org and really loved it.  It reminded me of how we can face life with more faith and happiness when we trust in the Lord; that He knows what is best for us, and that there is a beautiful piece of artwork ready to be made from our lives when we let the gospel of Jesus Christ and faith in Him, as found in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, direct our thoughts, actions, and convictions.  With the twins on the way (coming sooner than I'm sure I truly realize :) I feel so grateful for a Savior who knows what is best for me, and who saw, understood, and guided me to a more fulfilling and enriching appreciation and gratitude for these precious babies through the experiences of life.  I'm an impatient person, and it took me a long time to learn to trust; I'm still working on it, but I feel, like the man in this video, that my relationship with Jesus Christ has changed.  I know He knows what is best and all the experiences I've had so far are to enrich my life and lead me in hope to the reality that the best is yet to come.  For me the missing piece was learning to trust and have faith; and now I see the fulfillment of those pieces falling into place as I anticipate our little Luke and Anna with Ben.



"My relationship with Jesus Christ changed.  Everything he did for me was to enrich my life.  He didn't do anything to pick on me.  If it wasn't for the things I've been going through, it never would have led me to where I am now."
~Stacy

"We cannot predict all of the struggles and storms of life, not even the ones around the next corner.  But as persons of faith and hope, we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true, and the best is yet to come."
~Elder L. Tom Perry

No comments: